Thursday, May 10, 2007

OpenWorkBench troubles

I have not been able to run OpenWorkBench on my WinXP Home.
I just saw a new post in the forum saying that in WinXP Pro the problem can be solved by running it as Administrator. Unfortunately it still does not work on my WinXP Home.
I tried on Vista Ultimate, even the install failed with "Internal Error 2739". Some googling revealed that doing "regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\jscript.dll" may solve the problem. The info was not specifically for OpenWorkBench but it solved installation problem. But then OpenWorkBench could not start, giving error message regarding JRE not present. I installed "Java Runtime Environment Version 6 Update 1" from java.com, this solved the problem.
Now OpenWorkBench runs on my Vista machine, but not on my main machine, i.e., WinXP.
And for the first time I saw it running: it's not that impressive...

No comments: